Saturday, December 4, 2010

Powerful As A Nation

Today I put away the engine for the Vagabond.  It is an A-75 Continental.  Continental's trademark slogan was, "Powerful As A Nation".  I put the cylinders and crankcase halves in separate rubbermaid containers and put them upstairs in the clubhouse.  Here they are after being sprayed with preservative


The next task was to clean up the trash that accumulated in the downstairs of the clubhouse.  The Vagabond wings had been stored in there so not much cleaning had occurred.

Here is the before picture

And after.


We also had a visitor today.  Travis from RDU stopped in with his new Carbon Cub.  I flew a Sport Cub at the factory in Yakima Washington this year.  I was not impressed.  The Carbon Cub has the big engine.


Well that's all for now.  I have to go furniture shopping with Mom because my cousin Carl Jr. broke one her chairs at Thanksgiving.  Bleriot is not looking forward to the cold weather coming next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment