Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keeping The Ball In The Center

The Airbike moved back to Tmac's this week.  The welding repairs went well.  Time to get back on the AirCam center section.

The first chore was to set up the scaffolding fore and aft for access.  Monte and Frank helped with this.  We had to be careful when we straddled the fuselage.



Sunday was spent drilling the first size holes which were #30s.  A lot of these were drilled from underneath.  This is always a pain and I had to squat a little too.  But I got 2/3s of the bottom done and 3/4 of the top.  Lots of Clecos as well.



We watched the movie 127 hours on Saturday night.  This is the story of the guy who went mountaineering in Utah by himself and slipped and got his arm caught under an 800 lb. boulder.  My drilling arm feels like that tonight.  Since all of the top holes and a lot of the bottom holes get drilled to #19 eventually I had to order more black Clecos.  Never enough of those boogers!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been silently following your progress for months and thought I should sign up to say thanks for sharing your experiences. I look forward to your updates every week. I’ve been fascinated by AirCams for years and I really, really want to build one myself. My youngest is almost out of high school so maybe in a year or two.
    William Flowers – King Air B200 N500WF

    ReplyDelete