Sunday, July 10, 2011

Great Progress

Got a lot done this weekend.  One could say a minor milestone as the entire bottom and sides up to the top skin overlap are now riveted.  This is the main landing gear strap.  There are a lot of CherryMax rivets in this.  Two of them gave me a fit but we finally got them installed.



These are shots of the rest of the belly.





On Saturday, Gina and I hit it by doing the sides.  We started at 8 and finished about 3:30 with a break for lunch at Ma's Hot Dog House.  She dipped the rivets in paint and I pulled them.



It has lost its porcupine look now.

Sunday I got on with the scuppers for the rudder cables.




These have phenolic bearings to guide the rudder cables.  The beauty of a slow airplane is you don't care about drag and can hang things on the outside.

I also got the pilot step fitted but didn't have my phone with me to take a picture.  Stay tuned for later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment