Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Snout Anyone?

Obscure Simpson's reference for today's blog title I'm afraid but today was all about fitting the nose cowling.

First I had to fit the instrument panel.  This went pretty good but I did not get any detail shots so here it is clecoed in with the cowling.

Next we slid the cowling on.





The side gap is not too bad and should lay down once the fasteners are installed.  Here is a view from the front




The wood spacers are maintaining the gap between the front lip and the internal flange of the cowling.  This distorts the flatness of the instrument panel.  I will put an angle brace on it temporarily when we drill the final attachment holes.


And a final shot with some cutouts of potential displays.  Have not made up my mind on these yet but will sort it out at Oshkosh in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment