Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back In The Game

Vacation is over, Oshkosh was the usual blast.  Time to get moving on the Aircam.  Monday and Tuesday were spent cleaning up the shop and putting away tools.  I have decided it is time to do the vertical stabilizer and the center section.  I will leave riveting the fuselage inside skins until after I have installed most of the systems.

So tonight I drilled holes.  Have not done this in a while but managed to drill the #40s on one side and Cleco.  My hand was tired after that so I mowed the runway after that.  Here are a couple of pics:

The vertical fin on its side.  It is over seven feet long!


The spar has some stiffeners as  you get toward the root end.  It is quite thick and I had to be careful not to push to hard and risk separating the individual pieces.


Need to stop at Lowe's tomorrow to get some bubble wrap so I can flip it and continue the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment