Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Progress on the V Fin

Finished drilling the vertical fin, all holes are now to size.  I have to mount it to the fuselage to fit the root fairing before I take the skins off.


I also riveted the bearing housing to the elevator bearing support brackets


These will attach to the V Fin rear spar.

On to the fuel tanks.  The Aircam has two completely separate fuel systems, one for each engine.  I layed  out all of the part and drilled the fuel cap bosses.



That's Monte and his son Bobby in the background.  Monte is prepping him to soslo on his 16th birthday.

One odd thing on the Aircam is the plans show a 90 degree elbow on the inside of the tank at the fuel drain location.  This puts the fuel drain higher than the pickup for the engine.  This looks like a way to trap water to me so I am thinking bout cutting that fitting flush with the inside of the tank.  Here are the plans.



I plan to continue with the tanks this week.  The fun job is when you rivet them together with the Pro Seal.  A very messy job.

No comments:

Post a Comment