Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Champ On Final - Watch Out Mr. Snapper!

Found a few more pieces to assemble.  Decided to do a bulkhead assembly.


This assembly consists of the bulkhead, a thick plate stiffener and two brackets for the vertical stabilizer.  Two more of the black, anodized brackets will be added later.  I plan to go the extra distance with the building of the plane by installing every rivet with a coat of epoxy paint.  This is a lot of trouble, or "the long run for the short slide", as my friend Jerry would say.  Here are the 76 rivets primed and ready to go.


 The finished bulkhead:


Later Monte showed up so we decided to put the sun to bed.  Here we are on final:



I caught a glimpse of some movement on the runway earlier today when I went to feed the chickens.  Here is Mr. Snapper trying to find some water.


I was going to help him along his way out of the sun but he wasn't having any of that!  I think he could give Bleriot a lesson in what biting the hand that feeds you really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment