Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Foamy

Riveted the inspection cover doublers into the lower skin.  This was a straightforward job.


The next task is to rivet the bulkhead structure that I assembled over the last few days to the bottom skin.  Before I do that I wanted to make a way for the tailwheel spring bolt spacer to stay in place.  This is a short piece of aluminum tubing that is placed between the U shaped bottom longeron and the bottom skin.  It prevents collapsing the longeron when you tighten the bolt.  The problem is it is inaccessible and when you remove the bolt and it could slip out of position and then you are hosed.  I decided to get some spray on insulation foam and make a foam block to hold it.


The foam is in between the blue tape and the spacer is on the left.  I decided to let the foam sit for 24 hours and then I will trim it flush with the bottom of the longeron and put in the hole.  Should be able to rivet this together tomorrow.

It was another scorcher today.  Bleriot doesn't like the heat, she has too much fur.


She sympathizes with her friend BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment