Monday, June 20, 2011

Pedal To The Metal

Had to do some other things this weekend so I took a break from sheetmetal stuff.  Although Friday night we did work on getting the Number 1 frame in.  The plans show the dreaded Rivnuts used for the nose cowling installation and once again I have chosen to go with anchor nuts.  This requires a little thinking ahead.  Here is the left side drilled for two of them.


Then I decided to do a little assembly work starting with the four pedals.


And here is one close up.


These are well machined and welded pieces as with everything else in the kit.

Next I assembled the four brake pedal actuators.  These are riveted assemblies.


I will probably paint the tubing black although it is anodized.  I also did the pilot to passenger brake connecting rod but I don't have a good picture of them.  Doing this assembly helps dwindle the inventory of small parts down so I don't have to look in so many bags for a nut or cotter pin.  I will probably work on the control sticks and their connecting tubes next.  Tune in later to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment