Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Sticky Subject

Got the sticks assembled tonight.  This consists of a thin wall aluminum tube with an inner doubler inserted into a cadmium (Mmmmm cadmium) weldment and then bolted to the black powder coated horn.


One of them was a very tight fit and we had to persuade it with a large rubber mallet to accept the tube.  In the end everything lined up well.  Here are both of them back to back.


I still have to decide what I want in the way of a grip on the sticks.  The kit comes with some plain foam rubber pieces.  Since I want at least a push to talk for the radio something fancier is in order.  I don't need to much though as the left hand arm rest is pre drilled for the flaps and trim.  I'll look around at Oshkosh and decide.  here is reasonable access to add something later.

No comments:

Post a Comment