Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Illusion Of Progress

Got a lot done this week but of course when you are making big holes out of small ones it doesn't look like it.  So this week I put the two halves together to see what was going on at the overlap joint.  This had been done at the factory but not all holes were done to size.  I had extra help yesterday so I took advantage of it. We struggled a little to get it to go together but with the help of some shims it worked.  We had to turn everything around to fit it in the shop.  Together like this it is about 22 ft long.

Here it is from the front


And from the tail


Besides Don and Myron (above) Rose came down from Cary to help yesterday.


So we drilled all of the holes to size including the splice plate.  Then it was back apart.



I still have a few details to work on before disassembly can begin.  Plus I am still waiting on some back ordered parts from Lockwood.  George said they were shipped a week go but I'm not so sure.

Bleriot likes it when we work all day because the shop is warm.  Yesterday was very cold, it never reached 36 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment