Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Fintastic!!

Got a package from Lockwood on Friday.   It had my new bumper , lower ribs, and the piece I needed for the aft fuselage.  So we trial fitted the bumper and the fit was good.



We stuck the nose cowling on for looks.


Moving on to the tail.  The plans show the tail fin fairing going on with rivnuts.  I'm not a big fan of them, they can loosen with age and then you are hosed.  I  decided to trial fit the fairing to see if a proper nutplate can installed now.



While the photo shows a large gap it is easily taken up with a little hand pressure.  I have to do this now as there is no access to the middle section due to solid bulkheads.  Didn't do this yet put that is the plan.  The vertical stabilizer is HUGE on the AirCam.





Saturday morning was also leftover pizza snack time.


Nothing like a little Bat's Brew on cold pizza!

We pressed on Saturday fitting the bumper up and doing some interior drilling.



Had lunch at Ma's Hot Dog House.  Check out the toilet paper dispenser.


One final shot of the bumper assembly all finished for now.


Bleriot was quiet all day.  Not sure she is feeling well.


Back at it all day today.  BTW, Tosca was great!  Not sure I'm winning over Myron to opera yet.  Next week it is Nixon In China.  Even I may have to switch over to You Bet Your Garden instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,

    I am at about the same spot as you with my aircam fuselage. Butt, I started about 3 years ago... put it on the back burner and now it's back on the front burner. Had the same problem with the bumper, and to replace it.

    ReplyDelete