Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Whoa There Big Fella!

Got the other rudder scupper on tonight.


Then I drilled out all of the temporary rivets from the top rails and popped them off.



The next step is to remove the center cargo floor but then I realized I was getting ahead of myself.  I still have a lot of temporary rivets in the side skins and bottom.  The structure is loosing its rigidity as we take it apart.  So its back on with the top rails and skins with a few clecos and drill out the remaining temp rivets.  Saving that for tomorrow night and probably into Friday.  Meantime - de holes need to be de-burred.  Don dropped in and grabbed his trusty offset deburring tool.  I have three more of these on order so I'll mark one with his name.


Emailed George at Lockwood today and some of my backordered parts should be on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment